OBJECTIONS AND APPEALS:THE HELPLESS TAXPAYER? Only assessments and certain prescribed decisions are subject to objection and appeal in terms of section 104 of the Tax Administration Act, No. 28 of 2011 (“the TAA”). There are a multitude of decisions that can be made by SARS and that are not subject to objection and appeal. These […]
Author Archive for: Tax Dispute Resolution
About Tax Dispute Resolution
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Tax Dispute Resolution contributed a whooping 24 entries.
Entries by Tax Dispute Resolution
ALL eyes will be on government’s tax proposals in the upcoming national budget, to be tabled in Parliament on February 22. The minister of finance already indicated in his mini budget that the fiscal authorities will be looking for additional tax revenue of R28bn in the 2017/18 fiscal year, plus a further R15bn in 2018/19, […]
The following Bills were promulgated and signed on 11 January 2017 by President Jacob Zuma: The Taxation Laws Amendment Act; The Tax Administration Laws Amendment Act, 2016; The Rates and Monetary Amounts and Amendment of Revenue Laws (Administration) Act, 2016; and The Rates and Monetary Amounts and Amendment of Revenue Laws Act, 2016. Several changes have […]
VISIT YOUR NEAREST SARS BRANCH TO VERIFY CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL Some taxpayers recently received messages from SARS about the changing of their personal details. If you received this message (and to ensure that the resultant changes are not fraudulent) you are kindly requested to visit your nearest SARS branch as soon as possible with […]
SARS has released their Interpretation Note 92 (documentary proof prescribed by the Commissioner). For access to the entire note, please click here
South Africa could add pure fruit juices to the list of drinks expected to face a levy under a proposed tax on sugary drinks, the Treasury has said, in a country where more than half of adults are overweight. In his budget speech in February, Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan proposed the tax on sugary drinks […]
XO AFRICA SAFARIS CC v C:SARS (395/15)  ZASCA 160: Supreme Court of Appeal case dealing with whether the supply of services are to be standard rated or zero rated in terms of section 11(2)(l) of the VAT Act, following services being supplied to a non-resident of South Africa but being supplied directly to other […]
A Supreme Court of appeal case was ruled between CSARS and Morula Platinum Mines which determines whether certain mined ore should be included in trading stock or be classified as mining operations in terms of the deductibility of the costs thereof. For access to the entire case, please click here.
A draft guide on the special voluntary disclosure program was issued and deals with the time frame as well as the relief offered to taxpayers on international un-declared assets. For access to the entire guide, please click here.
Binding Private Ruling 252 was issued and determines the donations tax and capital gains tax consequences of the waiver of part of a loan to an employee share trust and the reduction of the interest rate on the remaining balance of the loan to 0%. For access to the entire ruling, please click here.
Studio Office Park
5 Concourse Crescent
Tel: 011 467 0810
- Objections and Appeals: The Helpless Taxpayer?February 22, 2017 - 7:41 pm
- SA’s Tax Dilemma: Hiking VAT vs Wealth TaxesJanuary 27, 2017 - 10:36 am
- eFiling Profile HackingNovember 18, 2016 - 6:50 am
- Sugar Tax Could Include Pure Fruit Juices – National TreasuryOctober 21, 2016 - 11:44 am
- Beverage Industry’s Scare Tactics Against Sugar Tax ‘Shocking’October 13, 2016 - 8:24 pm
- SARS Basic Guide to Income Tax Exemption for Public Benefit OrganisationsOctober 13, 2016 - 8:19 pm
- The Status of SARS’ Interpretation NotesOctober 6, 2016 - 12:30 pm
- Launch of Special Voluntary Disclosure Programme (SVDP)October 3, 2016 - 7:17 pm
- President Jacob Zuma Signs Bills Into LawJanuary 12, 2017 - 12:55 pm
- SARS Interpretation Note 92November 3, 2016 - 1:38 pm
- Supreme Court of Appeal – XO AFRICA SAFARIS CC v C:SARS (395/15)  ZASCA 160October 19, 2016 - 9:20 am
- Supreme Court of Appeal: CSARS V Morula Platinum MinesOctober 19, 2016 - 9:17 am
- Guide: SVDP Version 1.2October 19, 2016 - 9:15 am
- Donations Tax and Capital Gains Tax Consequences of the Part Waiver of a Loan and Reduction of the Interest RateOctober 19, 2016 - 9:12 am
- Recent Ruling of Masango v RAFOctober 19, 2016 - 9:10 am
- Tax Court Case No: IT 13164October 19, 2016 - 9:08 am